Sunday 21 October 2007

Kestrel









Having spent the day at Fairburn Ings in glorious weather I had no pictures at all other than a distant Heron.


Very nice October day for birding having finally left the fog of the Vale of York behind. Enjoyed the many Gadwell and other species on the reserve.


The best was the last though when we went to the Lin Dyke Hide there was a good number of Fieldfare and Redwing in the fields and a Stonechat sitting very prominately a top a small favourite bush.


Having left the hide to set off for home I saw a hovering Kestrel which made of away from me immediately, turning the lens to 500mm I was surprised that I got half decent flight shots, vastly zoomed and croped in of course.


The nice contrasty sky showed what a mess my camera sensor is in with dust which I must do something about.

No comments: