Monday 24 May 2010

Common Swift (High Flyers!)





I had the good fortune to go to Borrowdale in the Lake District last week on a training course and in the beautiful setting of that dale got great views of a Cuckoo, on a wall being attacked by smaller birds and flying close by. It was calling all morning long. It's great to record this as I know these birds are not as plentiful as they once were.

Closer to home we had Swifts over the village where I live two days earlier than last year, on 4 May when two birds were flying high. There are good numbers now but I can not get decent close shot so I got this one flying to the moon! I might try this again for a better composition.

7 comments:

Bob Bushell said...

Nice one Mike.

Matt Latham said...

Very nice Mike - was talking about a swift and moon image with a fellow photographer at the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thats a nice effect with the moon in the background Mike.

Eastaytonbirder said...

Terrific shots Mike.

Mike Randall Bird Photography said...

Thanks very much Bob, Matt, Roy and Dave.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Great images, I love Swifts, such great birds. Have a safe weekend~

Mike Randall Bird Photography said...

Thanks Mary, you have a good one too.