Friday 14 March 2008

Close and Personal with a Brown Rat


What comes out of a hole like this!












Whilst again viewing the Brown Hares seen yesterday (always too distant) I found a Brown Rat only about six feet from the car.
It dissapeared at the back of a clump of dry grass but I could hear it nibbling away and occasionally snuffling.

A hole then appeared at the front of the grasses and out comes Ratty to hide under the cover of a clump of overhanging grass this time 3- 4 feet from the car. It just illustrates how creatures can so easily hide out of sight.

After a while the rat goes back into the first clump and repeats the exercise.
I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Ratty at such close quareters. Thank you.
Birds in the area were Pheasant, Red Legged Partridge, Yellow Hammer, Reed Bunting, Chaffinch.

I will never get closer shots than this, some focusing at as little as 100mm.