Friday 21 March 2008

Wykeham Crossbills















Extreme good fortune this morning having visited High Moor Feeding Station I was turning the car around to leave and spotted a pair of Crossbills.

I manged two poor record shots before the birds flew to small trees nearer to the car. I cannot believe my good fortune. All the pictures that were taken were of the male bird in beautiful bright plumage.

Pictured with Canon 40D and Sigma 50-500mm lens, f6.3 at 500mm with +.3 exposure compensation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely detailed shots Mike, another bird I've yet to see in person.

Paul.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike, long time admirer of the blog - glad you like the twite pix. Must put them on the blog, but its been a busy few days!

Can we swap links?

Mike Randall Bird Photography said...

Hi Marcus
Had a look at your blog from Bird Guides. I have looked a good few times in the past from Dave Mansell's blog.
Very envious of your Waxwing shots.
Would be very pleased to swap links.
Mine is www.mikerandall.blogspot.com, let me know yours, you can email if you would prefer.
Regards Mike

Jason said...

Wonderful pictures! Very professional. I love the site.