Monday 7 April 2008

Oh dear _ _ _ back to the drawing board!


1.


2.


3.


4.

On the way to North Cave yesterday we watched the Red Kites between Warter and Nunsburnholme near Pocklington, at least two Kites present most likely more.

I don't know but the birds looked relatively 'big' in the view finder and seemed to be coming closer towards me sometimes but the pictures are all pretty distant.

A pair of Buzzard were also present and one sat on a distant telegraph pole, quite small even in the scope. This is the first time I have seen one sat on a telegraph pole in England, although I have seen them on the ground.

So my eagerness to download the pictures was quickly dampened with the results.

The pictures are more like id silouhettes, fairly obvious but answers below.


1. Buzzard 2. Kite 3. Kite 4. Buzzard

2 comments:

darrell j prest said...

i had the same trouble with BIF(birds in flight) i think(i maybe wrong) but you need to overexpose them in the camera,i usually do this by 2 stops,as the are against the sky the shutter speed should be ok,but like you im still trying.

ps the 2nd is a good un

Mike Randall Bird Photography said...

Thanks for tip Darrell, I have not heard that one before, I will give it a go next time.
Regards
Mike