Monday 16 March 2009

Friday Sites 2 & 3













Moving on from Scarborough's Castle Headland I popped into the Holbeck Hill Car Park to see the Mediteranean Gulls. One bird was regularly taking the bread along with the Black Headed Gulls.
On the Rocks below Holbeck Hill I photographed a Meadow Pipit.
I then went to Seamer Tip Pools. There was 6 Tufted Ducks, Wigeon, Mallard, Greylag Geese and lots of various gulls on the large pool.
Skylark are present in the area but difficult to spot amongst loads of Pied Wagtails. I thought I saw one earlier but on top of the electricity sub station and then on temporary builders fencing was the confirmation Grey Wagtail! Very strange.

2 comments:

Chris said...

A wonderful tour it seems with nice pictures. I love the meadow pipit, we have it here too, it is a very nice bird. But my favorite will be the wagtail... Wonderful colours.

Mike Randall Bird Photography said...

Thanks Chris it was a really good morning.